This green chicken noodle salad is a beautiful Spring time dish, perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner. The noodles used here are Barenaked Noodles - which are super low in calories, carbs & fat and are also sugar and gluten free! They're a perfect healthy alternative to regular noodles or pasta.
- 2 x packets of Barenaked noodles
- 400-500g chicken breast fillets
- 1 x lemon
- 3 x green bull horn chilli
- 1-3 x long green chilli (depending on your preference of heat)
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 1 x avocado
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 x cucumber
- 1 large cup of baby spinach leaves
- large bunch of snow pea sprouts
- half a bunch of shallots (ends removed)
- large bunch of thai basil (leaves)
- large bunch of coriander (stems removed)
- coconut oil
- olive oil
- Prepare the chicken by slicing the breast fillets into thin slices. Heat a pan with coconut oil or your preferred oil then cook the chicken on all sides under golden brown. Squeeze lemon juice over the top and season. Set aside.
- To make the green chilli salsa use the best amount of chili for your preference. Cut both types of chilli longways in half, clean and remove the seeds out of the bull horn chili and place all onto a grill. Chargrill or fry on both sides until soft, smokey, and the skin is charred. Remove from the heat and place into a blender or food processor. Add the coriander and olive oil then blend. Adjust the seasoning throughout. Set aside.
- Prepare the asparagus by removing the ends and cutting in half. Cook on a hot pan with oil or butter. Season and set aside.
- Prepare the peas by opening them in half using your fingers. Remove the peas from the skin, throwing out the skin or saving and using in the future for a stock.
- Prepare the cucumber by cutting it into half then again in half and into quarters, or anyway that you like.
- Prepare the avocado by cutting it in half then slicing the avocado with a knife and removing the avocado from the skin with a spoon.
- Rinse the spinach leaves, the snow pea sprouts and the thai basil and set aside.
- Roughly chop the spring onion and set aside.
- To prepare the noodles drain and rinse the noodles and warm them up on a hot pan with oil.
- To serve arrange all of the green vegetables around a bowl, with the noodles in the centre and the chicken on the side. Serve with a spoon of the chargrilled green chilli salsa and any extra seasoning.
Prep time: 20 minutes.
Cook time: 20-30 minutes.
Recipe and photos by Anastasia Zolotarev. Click here to see her blog.