- 500g Barilla Fusilli
- 1 454g tin Seavory Blue Swimmer Crab Claw
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jar Barilla Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 fresh chilli, sliced
- 3 anchovy fillets, in oil
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 150ml Extra Virgin olive oil
- 8 zucchini
- Sea salt (for water)
- In a medium frypan, gently heat 1/3 of the oil, add garlic, anchovies and chilli and cook for 2 minutes. Add a small ladle of water and cook together for 5 minutes, then keep to one side.
- Finely slice 4 zucchini into 4 cm batons and keep to one the side.
- For the zucchini sauce, cut the remaining zucchini into 1 cm slices and cook in salted boiling water until soft. Drain, add to a blender with 80ml of olive oil and blitz until soft and smooth. Season to taste.
- In a bowl, mix the Seavory crab meat, cherry tomatoes and Barilla Sundried Tomato pesto as you would a salad.
- Meanwhile, bring plenty of water to the boil. When boiling, add rock salt (7g salt to 1 lt of water). Drop the pasta into the salted water and stir. Cook according to the time on the box.
- Four minutes before the pasta is cooked, add the zucchini batons and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and zucchini batons and toss in to the fry pan with the garlic, anchovies and chilli. Add the crab salad and combine together away from the heat.
- To serve, pour a layer of green zucchini sauce on the plate and add the pasta on top.
- Serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin olive oil and fresh basil.
This recipe was developed by Executive Chef Andrea Tranchero of Barilla for the Sydney Italian Festival. Photography by Jenny Wong of See.Taste.Do