This is an extremely quick and delicious recipe that highlights the flavour of the black truffle.
- 10g fresh black truffle (half grated, ½ thinly sliced)
- 6 small nests of Fettuccine
- small handful of grated Parmesan
- ½ cup good quality vegetable stock (Maggie Beer stock)
- 40g butter
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- A couple of parmesan slices
- Thinly sliced black truffle
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add a pinch of salt and place the fettuccine in till they are al dente. Warm up the vegetable stock.
- While the pasta is cooking add the butter, a little drizzle of olive oil and the garlic (slightly crushed so it remains whole) into a heavy base fry pan. Once the butter starts to bubble and the garlic has infused into the butter remove the garlic and discard it. Add the grated truffle to the butter sauce (keeping some for serving) and 2 ladles of stock; simmer for 2 minutes before adding the al dente pasta and a small handful of Parmesan stirred through, which will thicken the sauce up. A ladle of the pasta cooking water can be added to the sauce if need be.
- Add salt and pepper depending on your taste.
- Serve with extra Parmesan and the remaining half of the truffle thinly sliced.