Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 750g Eggplant
- 1 Jar Tomato Olive Sauce 400g
- 200g Plain Unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 ½ Tbsp Tahini
- ¼ Bunch Parsley
From the pantry:
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the eggplants into 1 ½ cm disks and set aside.
- Wash, pick and finely chop the parsley.
- Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil on a large frying pan and turn to high heat.
- Place the eggplant disks in the pan without overcrowding the pan and cook for approx. 3 mins until golden brown. Do this in two batches.
- Turn the eggplant once golden and cook on the other side for further 3 mins. Add some more olive oil if necessary.
- Place the eggplant disks in a baking tray and place into the oven for 15mins until soften.
- Meanwhile, place the sauce in the same pan and rinse the jar with ¼ cup of water, add to the pan. Bring to the boil and turn of the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add the yoghurt, tahini and cumin, season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Plate up the eggplant dish with layers of tomato olive sauce, eggplant, tahini yoghurt and parsley and serve hot or warm.
- Serve as a side dish.
- Serve with any type of roasts meats, fish or add any other green vegetable as a vegetarian option.
- Make it a main meal by adding meatballs or grilled Lamb Backstrap.