This is an elegant alternative to a traditional fruit salad. The tarragon is optional, but does add a lovely aniseed note. Try serving it after a hearty meal of grilled steaks or roast beef, with some good quality vanilla ice cream or custard.
- ¼ watermelon, rind and seeds removed
- 24 cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 punnet of blackberries
- 4 plums, seeds removed and cut into 8ths
- 2 tbsp tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp pomegranate juice or kirsch
Use a melon baller to portion up the watermelon, or cut into small cubes. Combine with the other ingredients and toss gently to combine.