For perfectly creamy scrambled eggs, stir in a dollop of natural yoghurt. For a tasty breakfast combine with balsamic tomatoes and bacon.
Creamy Scrambled eggs, Balsamic tomatoes and bacon
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Harris Farm Markets Natural Organic yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 4 rashers of rindless bacon
- 4 slices of crusty bread (sourdough)
- 2 tbsp Harris Farm caramelised balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp butter (or coconut butter if lactose intolerant)
- punnet of grape or cherry tomatoes
- Oven cook your bacon for 20 minutes (for complete direction check out our post on perfect crispy bacon here)
- While bacon is cooking, Whisk eggs in a large bowl until smooth. Season.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook eggs, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until almost set. Remove from heat. Add yoghurt and stir until combined and creamy.
- Meanwhile, melt a tbsp of butter onto a pan. Add tomatoes and let sizzle. Add 2tbsp balsamic vinegar and cook until the vinegar has been reduced (aka is a little thicker)
- Slather your thick slices of crusty bread with butter (or coconut butter) and grill in the oven.
- When bacon is ready, remove from oven and chop thinly into small squares.
- When bread is ready, top it with the balsamic tomatoes, scrambled eggs & bacon. If you have a little balsamic reduction left in the pan, feel free to drizzle it on top
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste then top with chives & rocket