Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 4 Cups Corn Kernels from the cob 600g
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Cream
- ½ Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 160g Plain Flour
- ½ Cup P.A.N. Flour (Corn Meal)
- 2-3 Tbsp Butter
- 100g Feta Cheese
- 2-3 Buffalo Mozzarella Balls
- Remove the husk and the silk from the corn.
- Slice the corn kernels from the cob reserving one cup aside and placing the rest into a food processor.
- Add the milk, cream, brown sugar, eggs salt and pepper to the food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Add the flour and the corn meal and blitz again. Incorporate the reserved corn kernels and mix through.
- Bring a large frying pan to medium high heat. Drizzle olive oil and ad 1 tsp of butter. Once butter is melted, add 1 ½ cup of the corn batter and spread using the back of a ladle in a round motion until flatten like a pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 mins until golden brown. Carefully turn over using a large spatula and cook for further 2-3 mins. Continue with the rest of the batter until al finished.
- Drain well the buffalo cheese and cut it into thin slices.
- Sprinkle some of the feta cheese on half of the cachapa and arrange some slices of buffalo cheese on top of the feta.
- Carefully fold one side to the other and serve on a plate.
- Spread more butter on the top of the cachapa and eat warm
- Serve with avocado and palm hearts salad with it.
- Can also be served with roasted or slow cooked pork.
- Drizzle with a good quality of chilli oil if desired