- 200g dark cooking chocolate, melted
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 50g almond meal
- 1 plum, cut into 1 cm slithers
- 2 dehydrated plums* cut into thirds (optional)
- Cocoa for dusting
- Preheat the oven 160°C
- Prepare a 20 cm cake tin and line with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine the melted chocolate, butter and sugar. Whisk in the eggs, followed by the almond meal and the cut pieces of plum.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and if desired top with dehydrated plums to decorate.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before dusting and slicing.
- These brownies will keep, stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*To dehydrate plums: cut in half and place on a baking tray in a very low oven (110°C) overnight, or until they are dry.
Recipe by Fiona Louise, courtesy of the MONTAGUE tree.