Curious Cuts Intensely Meaty Pork Ribs... the name really says it all. Don’t be afraid to get your hands a little dirty when eating them. It’s the best way.
- 2 packets Curious Cuts Intensely Meaty Pork Ribs (approx. 1 kg)
- 1/4 cup/60 ml maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp Cajun spice
- 1/2 tbsp chipotle salsa
- 1/2 tbsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tbsp ground fennel
- 1/4 cup/60 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup/60 ml tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 ml pure cream
- 100 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 700 g sweet potato
- 6 sage leaves
- 250 g green beans
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Unpackage rips and pat dry. In a large mixing bowl, add the maple syrup, Cajun spice mix, chipotle salsa, ground mustard, ground fennel, Worcestershire, Dijon mustard, tomato sauce, honey and apple cider vinegar. Mix well using a whisk, add the ribs and coat well.
- On a baking tray lined with baking paper, spread the ribs without overlapping. Set remaining marinade aside. Cover the ribs with another sheet of baking paper and a layer of foil. Cook in the oven for 1 ½ hours.
- Slice the onion and crush the garlic. In a medium-size pot on high heat drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic for about 3 mins until onions are soft. Add the cream, bring to the boil then remove from heat. Add in the cheddar and stir until a thick sauce forms.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into 2 cm cubes. Finely chop the sage. Place both in a baking dish, pour over the cheese sauce and sprinkle over the parmesan. Cook in the oven for 45 mins until sweet potato is tender and the top is golden.
- Remove ribs from the oven and uncover. Glaze with some of the marinade then place back in the oven, cook for 30 mins until golden brown and caramelised. Place remaining marinade in a small pan and bring to the boil, then remove from heat.
- Bring a medium-size pot of salted water to the boil. Remove tops from green beans. Just before serving, blanch beans for 3 mins until softened and vibrant green, drain well.
- Remove ribs and gratin from the oven. Glaze the ribs with remaining marinade and serve with beans, gratin and lemon wedges.
Cook Time: 3 hours