Brussels sprouts and mushrooms cooked till caramelised are a fantastic combo and delicious when topped with runny yolk fried eggs
Brussels Sprouts & Mushroom Fried Egg Hash
- 450g brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- 230g mushrooms, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms release their moisture, it evaporates and the mushrooms start to caramelise, about 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic thyme and brussels sprouts, saute until tender, about 5 minutes, let sit until the bottoms start to caramelize, about 5 minutes, mix everything up, let sit for 5 minutes and mix it all up.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Create small wells in the hash, add the eggs and cook until eggs are fried to your desired level we suggest runny.
- Great served on toast.