Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 tin black beans
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 limes
- 1 mango (diced)
- ½ avocado sliced thinly
- ¼ red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 4 -6 Corn tortillas
- ¼ C vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp siracha or your favourite hot sauce
- Rinse and drain the black beans and place in a bowl, add the chilli powder, maple syrup, ½ lime juice and a good pinch of salt. Mix well and let it marinate for a few minutes.
- In a bowl add the diced mango and chopped coriander and stir.
- To make the pickled cabbage in a bowl add the thinly sliced cabbage, the juice of 1 lime and 1 tbsp salt. Toss the cabbage with tongs and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Heat your tortillas one by one on a gas stove or a sandwich press for 20 seconds.
- To assemble the tacos, add a spoon of black beans, a few slices of avocado, pickled cabbage and mango salsa, drizzle the spicy mayo over the top and garnish with coriander and a little lime juice.
This recipe was created for us by Georgia aka Koori Kitchen. Georgia is a proud Gamilaroi woman born in small-town NSW, who has a passion for health and food, coinciding to create healthy, wholesome recipes for everyone to enjoy!
Check out Georgia's Instagram page here.