Try this aussie twist on a french classic, developed by Alex Kearns
1/2 Spanish onion, cut into wedges
1/2 eggplant, cut into .5cm rounds
1 zucchini, cut into .5cm pieces lengthwise
2 capsicums, deseeded cut into bite size chunks
4 tomatoes, halved
Handful of parsley leaves, chopped
Handful of basil leaves, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Sea salt & pepper
- Preheat your BBQ to high.
- Generously season all vegies (not the herbs) with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place all the vegies on the grill and cook 75% on 1 side. Turn when you have nice charred marks on the veg.
- Take vegies off the BBQ when they are tender and soft. Place in large mixing bowl. Crush the tomatoes so the juices run out, add red wine vinegar and herbs.
- Allow to sit until at room temperature.
- Serve with grilled chicken, steak or fish.
Recipe thanks to Alex Kearns, Executive Chef, Glebe Point Diner