- 1 rack of lamb with 6 chops (with the thick fat layer from the top of the lamb trimmed)
- 150g softened butter
- 100g mango pulp
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch parsley, washed and dried
- 3 mangoes
- Handful mint leaves
- ½ red onion, peeled
- ½ long red chilli
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pick the parsley leaves and chop finely with a sharp knife. Place onto a large dinner plate.
- Combine the softened butter with the mango pulp, garlic, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Spread this thickly onto the lamb with a knife until it’s evenly covered, then press the lamb onto the parsley to make a green crust.
- Place the lamb into the hot oven and bake for 20 minutes, then remove and allow to rest for a further 10 minutes.
- While the meat is resting prepare the salad. Hedgehog a mango and remove the squares with a small sharp knife.
- Slice the onion as finely as possible then rinse under hot water from the tap to remove some of the strong onion flavour.
- Remove the seeds from the chilli with a teaspoon and slice as finely as you can.
- Place all salad ingredients into a bowl with the mint leaves and lightly dress with 2 tablespoons of good quality extra virgin olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the lamb into cutlets and divide onto 4 plates. Serve with the mango salad on the side.
Recipe by Australian Mangoes.