The sultry combination of pesto and balsamic makes for a taste sensation you can’t resist
Balsamic Broccolini & Pesto Salmon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches broccolini, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon Harris Farm caramelised balsamic vinegar
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the pesto, onions, lemon juice and garlic. Carefully spoon some of the pesto mixture over salmon. Grill 15-20 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining pesto mixture.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Cook half the broccolini, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Transfer to a serving plate. Repeat with another teaspoon of the oil and the remaining broccolini.
- Combine the vinegar and remaining oil in a small jug. Drizzle over the dressing across the fish and broccolini.
- Serve with mashed potato or your preferred side.