SERVES 4 TO 6
- 6 large firm but ripe plums (approx 660g)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cardamom pods lightly crushed
- 100ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- Wash and halve the plums. Place them in a lined baking dish and sprinkle with sugar. Scatter the bay leaves and cardamom pods around the plums then add the orange juice. Drizzle with your best extra virgin olive oil and place in the oven. Roast until the plums are soft but still hold their shape, 20 to 30 minutes depending on the size of the plums. If they begin to brown before they are soft cover with foil for the last 10 minutes.
This recipe was created by Maya Mesimeris. Check out Maya's Instagram here.