Smashed avo and feta, cherry tomatoes with sweet paprika, crispy bacon seasoning with fresh parsley.
Smashed avo with hard boiled egg and fresh dill.
Smashed avo with onion, chilli flakes and lime.
- 6 x slices of bread (this recipe uses Sonoma white sourdough sliced bread)
- 3 x ripe avocados (small / medium sized)
- 10 x cherry tomatoes
- 40g x feta
- ¼ tsp x sweet paprika
- 1 x slice of bacon
- 2 x sprigs of parsley
- ½ tsp or more chilli flakes (to your liking)
- ¼ x onion (white or red)
- 1 x lime (juice only)
- 1 x egg
- 2 x sprigs of dill
- olive oil
- Bring a small pot of water to boil and then add the eggs in. Boil for 4 minutes for a soft centre or for 6 if you would like the eggs to be cooked for longer. Once ready, place under a tap of cold running water and let the eggs cool down before peeling. Once cool, peel and slice in half.
- To make the bacon crispy, warm up a small pan with a drizzle of olive oil and cook the bacon on each side until golden and crispy. Set aside and allow to cool slightly before slicing up. Roughly chop the parsley and mix through the bacon in a small cup or jar then set aside.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and place into a small bowl. Sprinkle with the sweet paprika, add some salt and a small drizzle of olive oil, mix through well. Set aside.
- Crumble up the feta, dice the onion, juice the lime and set aside each one separately.
- In a large bowl add the avocado flesh and use a fork to press and mash the avocado until soft. Divide into 3 small mini bowls.
- Add the onion and the lime juice to the first bowl and mix through. Add the feta to the second bowl of smashed avocado and mix through. Leave the third one as is. Season each bowl of avocado well with salt.
- Toast the bread and place out on a flat serving plate. Divide each bowl of smashed avocado into 2 and spread the smashed avocado on each slice of toast, 2 slices of toast for each type of bowl of smashed avocado.
- Top the first 2 slices of smashed avocado (that is with onion and lime juice) with chilli flakes, top the second 2 slices of plain smashed avocado with half a boiled egg and the fresh dill then season with pepper. Finally, top the third 2 slices of toast (that is with the feta and smashed avocado) with the sweet paprika spiced cherry tomatoes and the crispy bacon parsley seasoning. Sprinkle some extra salt on each slice.
Prep time: 15 minutes.
Cook time: 6 minutes.