Forget the guacamole and chips - get healthy with this bright and crisp salad with avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, and chick peas.
Avocado Salad with Medley Tomatoes and Chick Peas
- 2 large shepard avocados, cubed
- 1 green living lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 200 grams medley mix tomatoes, cubed
- 200 grams or 1 cup chick peas
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook chickpeas according to packet instructions. Allow to cool. (If you're using canned chick peas, just rinse and drain.)
- Combine lettuce, avocados, tomatoes, and chickpeas in a large bowl.
Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top, and drizzle on extra-virgin olive oil. Add salt and freshly ground pepper, and toss gently until salad is mixed.