- 2 x cucumbers
- 1 x avocado
- 3 tbsp. of miso paste
- 1 x knob of ginger (1 tbsp of grated ginger)
- 1 x lime (juiced)
- ¼ cup of sesame, avocado or light olive oil
- ½ cup of shallots (roughly sliced)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Prepare the miso dressing first by processing the miso paste with the grated ginger, the lime juice, the oil and a tablespoon of water. Once the ingredients are combined and a slightly runny smooth paste is formed set aside.
- Finely slice the cucumbers crossways using either a mandolin or a knife. Place the sliced cucumbers around a flat plate.
- Dice the avocado and spread it over the cucumbers.
- Top with the shallots, sesame seeds, extra oil, and the miso dressing. Sprinkle with a tiny a bit of salt if needed.
- Baked fish or poultry
- For a vegetarian option serve with baked pumpkin, sweet potato or potato salad
TIP: You can use any extra miso dressing as a marinade for chicken or fish too!
Prep time: 20 minutes.
Serves: 4, as a side.
Recipe and photos by Anastasia Zolotarev. Click here to see her blog.