Roses are red, and edible too!
Apple Pie Roses
- 2 Sundowner apples
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 tablespoons of raspberry jam
- Core & thinly slice sundowner apples with skin intact
- Sprinkle lemon juice, cinnamon sugar, mixed spice on to sliced apples and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Cut the thawed puff pastry sheets into 4 strips each, and lightly spread with raspberry jam.
- Place drained apple slices overlapping on the edge of the strip, and fold strip in half. Gently roll the the folded strip to get the rose shape.
- Place in baking paper lined muffin tray & bake at 200C for 40-45 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
Recipe thanks to this week's #HarrisFarmFoodie Vanya Sibal @vanya.sibal who shared this recipe via Instagram.