- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup – ½ cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp fresh ricotta
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 figs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pistachios, chopped
- Coconut oil
- Pariya Rose petals / buds for garnish (optional)
- Combine almond meal, vanilla, egg, rice flour and baking power in a bowl.
- Add almond milk gradually, until batter is a runny consistency.
- Fold in ricotta. Set aside.
- Cut figs into quarters and place in baking dish. Drizzle with maple syrup & sprinkle with cinnamon. Place under grill (moderate heat) or in preheated moderate oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and softened.
- While the figs are baking, cook the pancakes. Heat small frypan over medium heat and melt 2 tsp coconut oil. Add 1/3 cup of the batter, allowing it to spread out to the sides. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden on the underside and bubbling/set on top.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- To serve, stack pancakes, top with figs and pour over remaining syrup from cooking. Sprinkle with pistachios and add rose petals for garnish.
- Serve immediately!
Recipe by this week's #HarrisFarmFoodie @livforlife.