Lime and Spinach Dahl - with Oregano Grilled Chicken
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 35 min
- 2 Packs of Dahlicious Lime & Spinach
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 250g Green Beans
- Naan Bread
- 1 Butterflied Chicken
WHAT YOU'LL NEED FROM YOUR PANTRY
- Olive Oil
- Create the chicken marinade by adding the honey, oregano, lemon zest, a good drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper into a bowl, mix to combine. Place the chicken onto a tray and pour over the marinade, making sure the chicken is evenly coated. Leave to marinate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- If you’re using a stovetop and oven: Preheat the oven to 200°C and heat a griddle pan on medium-high heat. Place the chicken on the preheated griddle and sear for at least 3 mins on either side . Once browned, place the chicken into an oven proof dish or baking tray and cook in the oven for 25-30 mins. If you’re using a BBQ: On a preheated BBQ, sear the chicken for at least 3 mins on either side until golden brown. Pull the BBQ lid down and cook, turning occasionally, for 25 mins.
- Cut the tops off the green beans and set aside. Heat the spinach and lime dahl in a medium size pot, adding a dash of water so it’s not too thick. Turn down to medium heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t catch on the bottom.
- Bring 2 cups of salted water to the boil in a separate, small pot and boil the green beans for 3 mins. Drain and place the pot back on the heat, add the ghee and once hot add the green beans, cook for 3 mins. Serve the chicken and dahl with Naan bread.
ADD PANTRY ITEMS OR EXTRAS BELOW