- Zucchini fritters:
- 3 x medium-large zucchinis (great to use imperfect zucchinis here!)
- 2 x eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 bunch of coriander (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 bunch of green shallots (ends removed) (roughly chopped)
- Diemen's Original Hot Sauce or Diemen's Stinger Hot Sauce
- 4 x slices of smoked salmon
- 4 x eggs (for poaching)
- 1 tbsp x white vinegar
- 2 x medium avocados
- 1 x lemon or lime
- olive oil
- To prepare the zucchini fritters grate the zucchini and squeeze out any excess juice with your hands. Place into a large mixing bowl and add the coriander, green shallots, flour and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Mix through well.
- Prepare a hot pan and drizzle with olive oil. Using your hands form the zucchini mixture into small handful patties and flatten with the palm of your hands. Place 3-4 or however many you can fit into your pan and flatten even more so. Cook on a medium heat, each side for 1-2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Transfer each zucchini fritter onto a plate lined with paper towel.
- Whilst you cook the zucchini fritters in batches prepare the guacamole by mashing the avocados with lemon or lime juice, salt and mix through until well combined.
- To poach the eggs fill a small saucepan with water (less than half water full) to boil then reduce the heat so that the water isn’t simmering too much. Add the white vinegar. When the water is slowly and very lightly simmering add in 1 egg at a time. Poach it for 2 minutes or more if you prefer the yolk to be cooked longer.
- To serve the zucchini fritters place a few fritters on each plate, top with a slice of smoked salmon, a poached egg and the guacamole on the side. Top with Diemens hot sauce.
Prep time: 30 minutes.
Cook time: 20 minutes.