Cavolo nero teamed with beans and wild rice and sauerkraut, this dish is a delicious multivitamin in a mouthful.
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 180g green beans, trimmed
- 1 bunch cavolo nero or tuscan cabbage, stems trimmed
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, roughly chopped
- sea salt and black pepper
- Cook rice in saucepan on boil method. Drain and set aside.
- To make the basil dressing, blend basil leaves, olive oil, sea salt and nutritional yeast in a blender. Heat a large frypan on medium heat and add coconut oil to melt and coat the pan.
- Add beans and cavolo nero and sauce for 3-4 minutes so the vegetables still maintain a lovely crunch.
- Remove from heat and in a large bowl toss with rice, sauerkraut, pistachios then season with sea salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a large platter and dollop basil dressing around the dish before serving.
Serves: 4, as a side
Recipe by @brownpapernutrition