Makes about 16 mini rolls. Leftover shredded roast meat or cooked mince are great for this recipe too.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp butter
- 6 cooked quality (low fat) sausages, chopped (or 400g leftover roast, shredded or 400g cooked mince)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 can butter beans, drained
- 1 carrot, grated coarsely
- ¼ cup multigrain breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten (half used in filling, the other half to brush pastry)
- Brown the onion in a little butter. Place all filling ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined and there are no chunky bits. Add half the egg, breadcrumbs and mix in well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan forced).
- Thaw puff pastry sheets for about 4 minutes. Cut pastry in half and place on the bench top with the longer edge closest to you.
- Spoon filling along the middle of the rectangle, pressing down firmly with your hands. Roll up the pastry to enclose the filling and form a log. Make sure that there is about a 1cm overlap at the pastry closure. Place seam side down on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cut each log into 4 with a bread knife - trying not to squash them down.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Serve with tomato sauce or green tomato relish.
Recipe by Martyna | Wholesome Cook
Prep: 20 mins. Cook: 15 mins. Total: 35 mins