Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Dry cake ingredients
- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ cup regular or coconut sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tsp baking powder
Wet cake ingredients
- ¾ cup passionfruit pulp, (~6 medium size passionfruit)**
- ⅔ cup dairy free milk, such as almond, soy or coconut
- ⅓ cup light-tasting vegetable oil, such as sunflower or rapeseed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, or apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp passionfruit pulp, (~1 passionfruit)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil, optional for a firmer frosting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 20 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
To make the cake:
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined and there are no lumps.
- Add all wet ingredients to the bowl and mix until just combined. The cake batter should be quite thick. Pour the cake batter into the lined baking tin.
- Bake the cake for around 50 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted into the cake and it comes out clean.
To make the icing:
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined. Add more powdered sugar for a firmer frosting or more passionfruit pulp for a runnier frosting
- When the cake has fully cooled, spread the icing on top of the cake allowing it to drip down the sides.
- The cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 day or in the fridge for 3 days.