Beautiful ox heart tomatoes combined with some fresh herbs, olive oil and salty feta. It takes minutes to put together!
Panna cotta base:
- 3 large ox heart tomatoes
- half a packet of Greek feta
- half a bunch of dill (ends removed)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- large pinch of salt
- Remove the stem of the tomatoes and slice each tomato as finely as possible with a very sharp knife crossways until you reach the very end of the tomato (see note below).
- On a large flat plate or platter arrange the sliced tomatoes around the plate in a circle one after the other around the edge and then in the centre of the plate.
- Crumble the feta over the top of the tomatoes laid on the plate.
- Slice the dill finely and place into a mortar and pestle. Pour the olive oil into the mortar and pestle with the dill and crush the dill until the essential oils and flavour mixes through the olive oil. Pour this mixture over the tomatoes and feta. Sprinkle with salt and serve.
- Remove and set aside the end slices of the tomatoes for later use or dice up the end of the tomato and scatter these over the evenly sliced tomatoes once placed out onto a plate.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Serves: 4-6 as a side salad