Looking for a unique dessert to change things up? Look no further, this delicious chestnut cream recipe has it covered!
- 200g cooked and peeled chestnuts
- 450ml carton pouring cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- Combine chestnuts, 300ml cream, milk, vanilla and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring until sugar dissolves, over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer (do not boil), stirring occasionally, for 30-35 minutes until chestnuts are very tender. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Using a hand blender, blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill until cold.
- Whip remaining cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Fold cream through chestnut mixture and serve.
Serving suggestions for sweet chestnut cream:
- Layer with crumbled Anzac biscuits, diced strawberries and grated chocolate in serving glasses.
- Use in a filling for sponge cake or butterfly cakes.
- Spoon over poached pears or quinces.
- Serve with biscotti and fresh sliced pear.
Prep: 15 mins
Cooking: 45 mins
Serves: about 2 ½ cups
*Note: Store chestnut cream in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Recipe by Chestnuts Australia.