- 250g strawberries, hulled, halved
- 125g blackberries
- 125g blueberries
- 1 tbs pure maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 tbs Cointreau
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 quantity rough-puff spelt pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, to brush
- Unrefined icing sugar and coconut cream, to serve
- 45g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs gluten-free or plain flour
- 45g almond meal
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- For the frangipane, place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until thick and pale. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until combined. Set aside.
- Place the berries, maple syrup, Cointreau and vanilla in a bowl and gently toss to combine. Set aside.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 30cm round.
- Place on a baking paper-lined baking tray, then spread the frangipane over the centre, leaving a 3cm border. Spread the berry mixture over the frangipane, then fold in the edges of the pastry to form a crust. Brush the pastry with beaten egg, then bake for 45-50 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with coconut cream. Serves 6-8.