Makes 1 litre. Pour 2 tbsp of cordial in the bottom of a glass, then top with sparkling wine, or sparkling water.
- 1 kg pitted stone fruit flesh – you can use peaches, apricots, nectarines or a combination of all.
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- Blend the flesh of all of the stone fruit until you have a smooth puree.
- Transfer to a large saucepan and add the sugar and juice of 1 lime.
- Bring to a simmer and let it blurble away over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it has thickened.
- Use a funnel to pour the cordial into sterilised jars, then seal and store in a cool place until ready to use.
Recipe by Tori Haschka.