This is the simplest stir fry. Mushrooms and asparagus are great friends. The fresh lime adds a boost of freshness at the end - don’t be tempted to leave it off.
Serves 1. Serves 2 with rice or quinoa, or some cooked protein on the side.
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 4 pieces, each piece approx. 3 cm long
- 5 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 fresh lime
- Add the oil to a wok and heat to medium high. Add the garlic, asparagus and mushrooms and stir fry until the mushrooms have browned and the asparagus is tender. Add the oyster sauce and stir to coat.
- Serve with the lime cheek and squeeze over just prior to serving.