Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice
- 270ml Coconut Milk
- 1 Shallots Bunch
- ½ Pineapple
- 2 Bird’s Eye Chilies
- ½ Coriander Bunch
- 1 Pork Fillet
- 300ml Beerenberg Asian Dipping Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking Oil
1. Wash the rice under running water until the water comes out clear. Place the rice into a medium size pot and add the coconut milk. Then add 2 Cups of water and season with salt and pepper.
2. Stir well and bring to the boil on medium high heat. Stir frequently so the rice doesn’t catch on the bottom. Keep cooking until half of the liquid has evaporate. Cover with a lid and turn down to low heat. Cook for further 15mins.
3. Clean and cut the shallots into 3cm batons and finely slice the green tips for garnishing.
4. Cut off the skin and the core of the pineapple and cut the rest into 2-3cm pieces. Set aside.
5. Finely chop the Bird’s eye chilies. Wash and finely chop the coriander. Set aside.
6. Pad dry and cut the pork into 3cm pieces. Bring a large casserole type dish or a wok to high heat, drizzle with cooking oil and add the pork. Cook for approx. 3mins, then add the pineapple. Stir fry for 5 mins and add the Asian Sauce, stir through, and cook for further 10mins until thickens.
7. Add the coriander and some of the chili reserving some for garnishing and stir.
8. Once the rice is ready, remove the lid and brush the rice with a fork or a carving fork to release steam.
9. Serve sticky pork and pineapple hot with coconut rice and garnish with chili, sliced shallots and coriander.