Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: n/a
- 250g Vermicelli Noodles
- 2 Semi Ripe Mangoes
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Lebanese Cucumber
- 100g Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ Bunch of Mint
- ½ Bunch of Coriander
- 1 Lime
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- ½ Cup Salted Peanuts
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Sesame Seeds
1. Bring a kettle with water to the boil.
Peel and finely slice the mangoes. Peel and cut the carrots into long juliennes. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and finely slice the cucumber into thin disks. Roughly chop the peanuts. Pick, wash and finely chop the mint and coriander. Set all aside.
2. Place the noodles in a deep bowl and pour the boiling water, making sure the noodles are fully submerged. Separate noodles using tongs and set to soak for around 5-7 minutes or until well softened. Drain and cool under running water, place back in the bowl and cut them so they’re approximately a 1/3 of their original length. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, add the soy sauce, sweet chilli, sesame oil and seeds and lime juice. Mix well to combine and set aside.
3. Place all the ingredients together in a large bowl, add the salad dressing and toss well.
Serve mango and vermicelli noodle salad cold or at room temperature.
- Add chicken or pork if desired.
- Serve with chilli oil for extra heat.