- 1 x onion
- 2 x garlic cloves
- 1 x carrot
- 2 x tins of cannellini beans
- 1 x tin of diced tomatoes
- 3 x fresh tomatoes
- 2 x heaped teaspoons Smoked paprika
- 1 x cube of vegetable stock
- 2 ½ cup of water (for soup)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- splash of water
- Finely dice the onion, peel and finely slice the garlic, finely dice the carrot, and roughly dice the fresh tomatoes.
- In a large pot add a drizzle of olive oil. Place the onion, garlic and carrot into the pot and cook for 2 minutes, stirring until slightly cooked through and aromatic.
- Add the cannellini beans, the fresh tomatoes and the tin of tomatoes. Mix through to combine and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the water for the soup, as well as the smoked paprika, and crumble in the vegetable stock cube. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the soup is cooking make the quick parsley oil by placing the fresh parsley and olive oil into a small food processor. Blend until roughly combined, add a sprinkle of salt and a splash of water. Blend again and set aside until serving.
- After the soup has been cooking for 15 minutes, remove the lid and increase the heat to a medium-high. Cook uncovered for another 3-4 minutes, adding any extra salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup with a spoonful of the parsley oil.
Prep time: 5 minutes.
Cook time: 25-30.
Recipe and photos by Anastasia Zolotarev. Click here to see her blog.