Prep Time: 15-20mins
- 1 ruby grapefruit, cut into thin segments & some fleshy rind reserved
- 1 blood orange, cut into thin segments
- 1 bulb fennel, shaved using mandolin
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, peeled, halved and cut into wedges
- 1 cup fresh mint, picked
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g green prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 30g @pepesaya smoked butter
- 1 tbsp miso paste
1. Prepare the citrus salad - place grapefruit, blood orange, fennel, cucumber and mint in a large mixing bowl. Add the red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and squeeze over the extra grapefruit juice from the rind. Season with salt and pepper, then toss well. Set aside.
2. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large non-stick frypan over a high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the garlic, cooking for 30 seconds until it begins to turn golden. Next add the prawns, followed by the smoked butter and the miso paste. Cook for approximately 1 minute on each side, continuing to toss the prawns around in the sauce. Turn off the heat and immediately serve onto plates, pouring over any leftover miso butter sauce from the pan. Serve alongside the citrus salad.