If you're after a salad that is quick and easy to prepare, then we got you covered!
Smashed Cucumber Salad
- 250g packet Qukes (baby cucumbers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Chilli flakes to taste
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- a handful of chopped coriander
- First, smash the Qukes. Cut the ends off then lay on a board, bang with the flat side of a knife and they should split roughly into 2-4 long pieces. Cut each piece in half diagonally.
- Combine salt, sugar, oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and chilli flakes to make the dressing in a jar. Shake to dissolve sugar.
- Coat the cucumbers in dressing and garlic.
- Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with coriander and sesame seeds.
Recipe thanks to this week's #HarrisFarmFoodie Louise Hawke.