Succulent andflavourful. This melt in your mouth pork shoulder will win hearts at the dinner table
Slow Cooked Pork Shoulder
- 1kg of pork shoulder
- half a onion finely sliced
- 2 litres of milk
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig of thyme
- Half tin of brown lentils
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of kale - stem removed and blanched
- Pre heat oven to 170C.
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Fry pork in an oven proof pot on all sides until golden.
- Remove pork add onion and fry until golden.
- Return pork then cover with milk. It may not take all of the 2 litres of milk, depends on the size of your pot.
- Add spices, herbs and honey.
- Cook in oven for 4 hours or until very tender.
- Add lentils, butter and kale to liquid
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Carve meat to serve and ladel over sauce from pot
Recipes thanks to Alex Kearns, Executive Chef, Glebe Point Diner