Rich, tender and succulent you'll find this slow cooked melt in your mouth show stopper hard to resist.
Slow Cooked Beef Cheeks in tomato & red wine
- Beef cheeks
- 1 carrot
- 1 white onion
- 1 stick celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Red wine
- Flour for dusting beef cheeks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Blitz carrot,white onion,celery,garlic and thyme in food processor to a fine paste.
- In a oven proof dish fry off your paste with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper.
- When golden add tomatoes. Add one tin (cup) of water after 10 minutes of simmering.
- Dust beef cheeks with flour and fry in a separate pan with a healthy amount of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- When golden on both sides add beef cheeks to your oven proof dish. Add one tin (cup) of red wine ensuring beef cheeks are covered in liquid add water if required.
- Bring to the simmer.
- Cover with baking paper and place in a preheated oven at 180C for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve with your favourite side. Delicious on a bed of parsnip puree.
- 2 parsnips
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Peel and chop parsnips.
- Boil in milk and honey until tender.
- Blitz in blender to fine puree with butter.
- Season to taste
- 2 parsnips
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Peel and finely slice parsnips on a slicer or mandalin.
- Fry in oil at 150C.
- When golden place on paper and season.
Recipes thanks to Alex Kearns, Executive Chef, Glebe Point Diner