This green sauce is a zippy alternative to a mayonnaise or cream based potato salad. The trick here is to dress the potatoes while they are still warm so they absorb as much flavour from the dressing as possible. Serve this as part of a barbeque spread, or with grilled chicken or fish.
- 1.5 kg waxy potatoes, such as Desiree
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 anchovies
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp capers
- 2 cups of mixed fresh herbs. Try 1 cup of flat leaf parsley, 1 cup of basil and 1 cup of mint. You could also substitute chervil, coriander, fresh oregano and rosemary, fennel tops, carrot tops or rocket.
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Steam or boil the potatoes until a knife slides easily through them.
- Blend together the remaining ingredients in a food processor until you have a smooth slurry.
- Cut or break the potatoes into halves or quarters. You want a forkable piece. Toss the warm potatoes in the salsa verde and top with the walnuts. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe by Tori Haschka.