Prep time: 15mins
Cooking time: 10mins
- ½ Rock melon
- 200g Prosciutto
- 2 Tubs Baby Burrata
- 1 tsp Dry Oregano
- 10 Baby Basil Leaves
- Olive oil
- Cut the rock melon half into 4 pieces lengthways. Remove the seeds using a knife and slice off the skin.
- Cut again each quarter in half lengthwise and then cut across in half.
- Cut the prosciutto in half lengthways and set aside.
- Wrap each piece of rock melon with a long strip of prosciutto and set aside.
- Bring a large frying pan to high heat, drizzle with olive oil.
- Once hot, add the pieces of rock melon and cook for a minute or 2 on each side until golden and caramelised. Better doing it in two baches to prevent overcrowding the pan.
- Remove from the pan and place on a platter.
- Drain the burrata cheese and place on top of the rock melon pieces, pick some basil leaves, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with black pepper and oregano.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Serve as a side dish or also good as entrée dish.
- Use Prosciutto or Jamon Serrano.
- Can be serve with goat’s cheese or Bocconcini.