Garlic, Balsamic or Duck Fat we show you three ways to add a little excitement to this Christmas side staple.
3 ways to enjoy roast potato
Garlic Roast Potatoes
- 8 kestrel potatoes, peeled, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan-forced.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Combine garlic, rosemary, oil and salt in a bowl. Add to potatoes. Toss to combine.
- Arrange potatoes, in a single layer, on prepared tray. Roast on top shelf in oven at 200°C/180°C for 35 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Balsamic Roast Potatoes
- 1.5kg kestrel potatoes, halved if large
- 1 garlic bulb, cloves separated, unpeeled
- 10 eschalots, halved
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Harris Farm caramelised balsamic vinegar
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Toss the potatoes, garlic and eschalot in a bowl with the oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Season and arrange in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Scatter with rosemary and roast, turning twice, for 45-50 minutes until crispy, golden and cooked through.
Duck Fat Roast Potatoes
- 1.5kg kestrel potatoes, peeled cut into 3cm pieces
- 100g duck fat
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the potato in a saucepan of cold salted water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes or until boiled. Drain, then return to the pan and shake well over medium heat to dry out and rough up the edges (this will help them crisp up when roasting).
- Place the duck fat in a roasting pan, then place in the oven for 5 minutes to heat.
- Remove from the oven, carefully add potato to duck fat and gently toss to coat.
- Return to the oven and roast, turning twice, for 45 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.