- 3/4 cup loose red lentils
- 1 small broccoli head
- 1 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp madras curry spice
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 bunch coriander
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Peel the garlic, onion and carrot. Finely dice carrot and onion then finely chop the garlic.
- Bring a small pot to high heat, drizzle olive oil and sauté garlic and onion for about 5 mins until golden. Add the carrot, lentils and madras spice. Cook for a minute while stirring then add 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 25 mins while stirring occasionally, until the lentils have softened and thickened.
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli into florets then place on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, toss well. Roast in the oven for about 15 mins until soft and some of the edges are slightly charred.
- Wash the coriander, discard the root and finely chop the leaves and stems. Add the stems to the dahl and mix through, add the leaves to a bowl and combine with the yoghurt and salt and pepper to season, mix well.
- Serve the red lentil dahl with roasted broccoli and coriander yoghurt.
Serves 2 (easily doubles to serve 4)