You can serve this as a side salad, or pile it on top of bruschettas, or a plain mozzarella pizza. You could just as easily swap the mint for basil or parsley, or the manchego cheese for another semi hard sheep or goat cheese.
Serves 2-3 as a side dish, or 1 as a main with a poached egg, or grilled sourdough.
- 1 bunch grande (large) asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 20g manchego cheese (can also use a semi hard sheep or goat, or parmesan)
- 10 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 pinch of sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Remove the ends of the asparagus then very finely slice the asparagus diagonally. Finely shave the manchego cheese.
- In a bowl mix the asparagus, cheese and mint leaves together. Sprinkle over the salt, then whisk together the oil and lemon juice and toss to combine. Serve immediately.