Creamy, fresh, herbal, delicious. This is a great simple potato side salad. Served cold it’s a perfect accompaniment to some glazed ham.
- 1kg chat potatoes
- Handful fresh rocket (can substitute for baby spinach)
- 1 red onion
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp honey
- 30g of fresh dill (add as much or little as dill as you like)
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 200g crème fraiche
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- salt and pepper
- Prepare a pot of salted water and add the potatoes. Close with a lid and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until the potatoes are completely cooked through. Drain the water from the potatoes and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile make the red onion pickle by slicing the red onion finely crossways. If you would like to slice them in half or into small diced pieces you can also do that. In a bowl mix the vinegar, water and honey together and add the onion. Mix through well and set aside.
- Prepare the creamy potato dressing by processing the dill, mustard, crème fraiche and lemon juice together, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice the potatoes in half then place them along with the fresh rocket and pickled red onion into a large bowl and combine together. Just before serving add the crème fraiche dressing and mix through well. Season with extra salt and pepper.
- You can prepare the potatoes, the pickled red onion, and the dressing all the day before. Keep in separate containers and store in the fridge.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Recipe by Anastasia Zolotarev. Click here to see her blog.