This salad is so easy and delicious it should be filed as your 'go to' salad recipe. Just make sure your pear is firm & sweet, and the cheese is soft & creamy - these flavours are all made to go together.
Rocket, Pear, Goats Cheese & Radicchio Salad
- 2 pears, cut into wedges and cored
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 head of radicchio, broken into pieces
- 2 large handfuls of rocket
- 100g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 60g roasted walnuts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl toss the pears with the lemon juice.
- Mix together the shallot, honey and olive oil. Add to the pears with some sea salt and gently combine. Toss in the radicchio and transfer to a large platter.
- Add the goats cheese and crush the walnuts over the salad and finish with drizzled olive oil.
- Note: for a more substantial salad drape some prosciutto over the salad.
Recipes thanks to Kathy Kordalis, Home Economist