Tapas or side dish. This saucy Spanish inspired number will be a table pleaser.
- 1.2kg desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Tabasco sauce
- 20g butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion for 5 mins, until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 secs, until fragrant.
- Add tomato, 1 cup of water and Tabasco. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 mins, until thickened. Season, to taste.
- Meanwhile, steam or microwave potato for 4-5 mins, until part cooked. Heat remaining oil and butter in a separate large frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook potato for 5 mins, stirring, until golden and crisp all over.
- Transfer tomato sauce to a serving dish. Top with potato and parsley.