Whip up something refreshingly different with this Thai inspired salad. Sweet and spicy.
Papaya, Smoked salmon & black rice
- 2 Papaya
- 2 cups Black Rice
- 1 bunch mint
- 2 Chilli's
- Smoked Salmon
- Lime juice
- Fish Sauce
- Brown/Palm Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Start by preparing the rice. Bring rice, water (3 1/2 cups), 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to a boil in a heavy saucepan, uncovered, over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce heat to low, then cook until rice is tender and most of water has been absorbed, about 35 minutes.
- Leave rice to cool
- Slice papaya by cutting in half length ways, removing the seeds and skin, then slicing the flesh
- Slice smoked salmon and chilli (to taste) and slice/tear mint
- Lay sliced ingredients over cool rice
- Make a dressing with lime juice, fish sauce and palm sugar prepared to taste.
- Drizzle over dressing to finish