- 100 g button mushrooms
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 40 g pecorino cheese
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 1/4 bunch Tuscan cabbage
- 75 g butter
- Slice the mushrooms, finely dice the onion, crush the garlic and chop the Tuscan cabbage (discarding hard stems). Finely grate the pecorino cheese.
- Bring a medium size pot to high heat, drizzle olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic for about 3 mins. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a further 3 mins.
- Add the rice and stir through. Pour in the stock and 1 cup of hot water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium.
- Cook whilst stirring frequently until the liquid has reduced by about ¾, then add the Tuscan cabbage, butter, grated pecorino (saving some for garnish) and salt and pepper to season.
- Cook until the rice is al dente, adding some more water if necessary. Serve and garnish with the remaining pecorino.
Serves 2 (easily doubles to serve 4)