- 1 cup teff tribe brown teff flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup arrowroot flour
- good pinch sea salt
- 5 tablespoons cold coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons iced water
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch of vanilla
- 1 mango, sliced finely into segments
- 1/2 cup raspberries or berries of choice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- Optional : edible flowers
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a 20cm tart tin with coconut oil.
- Combine all dry goods in a mixing bowl. Whisk together the eggs and rice malt syrup then fold in flour. Add coconut oil, iced water and knead all ingredients together well.
- Cover the dough with glad wrap and rest in the fridge for ½ hour. Remove from the fridge and roll dough out between two sheets of baking paper.
- Remove the top sheet and press the dough into tart tin.Cover with baking paper, place baking weights on top and cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, take off baking weights and top sheet of baking paper, then return to the oven for 10 minutes to allow the tart to become slightly golden. Once cooked set aside and allow to cool.
- To make the filling, whisk together the ricotta, honey and vanilla in a bowl. Spread the filling over the base of the cooled tart. Arrange mango, raspberries, pomegranate and edible flowers over the top of the tart and serve. Can be stored in the refrigerator 2-3 days. Serves 8.
Recipe by Brown Paper Nutrition.