Serves: 6 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
Setting time: Overnight or at least 5 hours
- 3 x large ripe mangoes
- 4 x sheets of gelatin (Chefs choice - titanium grade)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp oil
- Slice the mangoes in half, scoop out the mango flesh and cut around the mango seed. Place the mango fruit into a blender or processor. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer the pureed mango into a large pot, add the water, the sugar and whisk together to combine. Turn the heat onto high and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile soak the gelatin sheets in cold water for a few minutes. Squeeze them out then place into the hot pot of mango puree mixture.
- Remove the pot of mango puree from the heat and stir through well, until they have completely softened and dissolved into the mixture.
- Prepare a cake form, a bundt cake form, or anything that you’d like to set the mango jelly in. Lightly coat it in any light flavoured oil with a kitchen brush.
- Pour the warm mixture into the form and place into the fridge to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once firm and set, turn upside down and use a small spatula or butter knife to help lift it out of the form.
- Slice and enjoy cold as a refreshing summer dessert!