Prep Time: 15-20mins
Cooking Time: 6mins + setting time
- 550g Mango Flesh approx. 2 medium mangoes + 1 Whole Mango
- 150g Coconut Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 600ml Thickened Cream
- 60g Icing Sugar
- ½ Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Punnet Raspberries
- ½ Lime
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Slice the Mango cheeks and cut them into medium size pieces with skin off until you have the 550g of flesh.
3. Place the mango in a blender, add the coconut cream, add 40g of the icing sugar and 1tsp of the vanilla essence. Blitz for approx. 1 min until smooth.
4. Place the cream into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining 20g of icing sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla essence. Mix using an electric mixer until soft peaks.
5. Add the mango mixture and Bitz for approx. .1-2 minutes until fluffy and airy.
5. Place the mousse into 4-6 medium size water glasses and place into the fridge for 45mins to cool.
6. Meanwhile, place the shredded desiccated coconut on a baking tray. Place into the oven and roast for 2-3 mins until golden, remove from oven, mix well and repeat for another 2-3mins until golden.
7. Finely dice the remaining mango into small pieces, place into a bowl and squeezy the juice of half a lemon. Mix well and set aside.
8. Once Mango Mousse are cold and set, add some roasted coconut, diced mango salsa and top with fresh raspberries.
- Add any other berries of your choice to the mousse if desired.
- When adding the coconut cream, make sure there is no water going into the bowl, use just the thick top cream from the can.